In this section, you will find recipes.
Scroll down to find more.
Weekly we will add new recipes for your enjoyment!
Canned food is a goodalternative when fresh fruits and vegetables aren’t available or when you don’thave a full kitchen with all the bells and whistles to prepare a meal fromscratch.Another major benefit ofhaving canned food in your pantry is their long shelf-life. They are perfectfor instant gratification or emergencies.Sodium is always a concernabout canned food. Someone who has blood pressure, look for low sodium optionsand nowadays there are more of these options. (Quick tip: draining and rinsingyour canned food can further reduce sodium content by 41 percent.)
• 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium corn, drained
• 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained
• 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
• ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/3 cup sliced green onions
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well and serve.
*Adapted from: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Food andNutrition magazine.
Today we bring you a delicious low-carbKeto bread. You can make it for breakfast with a natural jam, you can also makean avocado sandwich for dinner or you can combine it with your favorite food.
Ingredients (3 servings):
• 2/3 cup (75 grams) almond flour
• 1 egg• 250 grams (2 cups) low-fatMozzarella cheese
• 30 grams of low-fat cream cheese
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 360 F
2. In a large bowl. Melt creamcheese and mozzarella cheese in the microwave for 2 minutes
3. Add the egg and dry ingredientsto the cheese mixture. Mix with your hands until completely mix.
4. Divide the mixture into 3 ballsand form the bread. Cover a baking sheet with olive oil and place the breadsapart from each other
5. Bake for 15 minutes
6. Serve & enjoy!
Ingredients to makes 6 pancakes:
• 1 cup Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
• 2 Eggs
• 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, plus more for cooking
• 1/2 cup of Almond Milk Unsweetened
• 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 cup Strawberries
1. Whisk all ingredients in a blender or processor until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
2. Heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon butter.
3. Drop the batter into the pan in 1 tablespoon or 1/2 cup portions, cooking 3 at a time.
4. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, the edges begin to look dry, and the bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the other side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. Serve & enjoy!
* Strawberries will give it a sweet flavor and you can add your favorite fruit or natural fruit jam.
• 1 cup mashed bananas
• 1 egg
• ½ cup almond butter
• 2 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 ½ cups almond flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ cup chocolate chips
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat the banana, egg, almond butter, oil and vanilla.
3. Mix the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and beat until all the ingredients are combined.
5. Add the pinches of chocolate.
6. Fill the muffin tins (about ¾ full), add a pinch of chocolate on top.
7. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool for 10 minutes.
Disclosure: This virtual space is exclusively dedicated to the entertainment of our patients if you doubt your ability to perform any of the suggested physical activities, consult your IMA doctor.
Last Update: 05/01/20
Please contact your IMA Wellness Center for more information.
IMA Medical Group
© 2019 All rights reserved